On-campus students must attend the orientation session normally held during the week prior to the commencement of the course. Students who miss the orientation session should contact our friendly student services team to arrange a one-on-one orientation. A sample schedule is provided below:
* Welcome – meeting the HETC team
* About HETC
* Understanding your course requirements and expectations
* HETC Student Services – Support and counselling – Emergency and health information – Facilities and resources
* Academic policies – Examinations/assessments – Plagiarism – Study progress including any visa condition relating to course progress and/or attendance
* Administrative policies – Complains and appeals
* Other information – Emergencies and evacuation (including floor plans and resources/facilities available) – College contacts
* Legal aids for students
* Question–and-answer time
Congratulations on gaining admission to the Harvest Education Technical College, and a warm welcome to you as a new member of our community. The program of activities that makes up HETC orientation has been designed to familiarise you with the campus, allow you to meet staff and other students, and gain information about services for students. There will be organised tours of the campus and plenty of time for socialising. You are encouraged to take the opportunity to attend as many orientation activities as you can. By taking advantage of everything orientation offers, you will give yourself a head start to your years at the HETC – years that will be productive, creative, and challenging.
In orientation you will meet with the HETC Student Services team and be introduced to campus resources. You will also find out about the various support services available to you as a student.
We encourage all new students to attend both these days as well as your discipline’s academic orientation day which will be held during the first week of classes.
To view or download the HETC campus map please download a copy of the student handbook on the bottom of our website.